View Single Post

Old 09-13-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbean Soul View Post
It really is a great place and I've met some of the nicest people I've ever run into. There's something for everybody and if you can't find things to do that you enjoy then something is wrong with you.

But, with that said, I've also come across some of the rudest, most obnoxious, inconsiderate people I've ever seen. Whether they're driving their cars, their golf carts or golf balls, doesn't matter you just better get out of their way. The feeling of entitlement and selfishness that some have is overwhelming to say the least. To add to that, I've lived in SoFLA and the Jersey shore so I'm used to "snow birds" but the ones that live here are the pits.

But, overall, it's a special place to live and I'm not going anywhere.
My husband and I will be full-timers next month. We were there in January and most recently in August. We definitely noticed a difference but I am not sure it's the snowbirds. It may just be the fact that TV is more crowded and when a place gets more crowded it seems that people in general lose their patience more easily. I currently live a couple miles outside of DC and boy do people honk their horns a lot! Maybe we just all need to remind ourselves how lucky we are to be/live here and slow down and "smell the roses and wave to our fellow TVers!