View Single Post

Old 09-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUREK View Post
memason:

I don't mean to hijack this thread but you guys are making age like 20 years reading your emails. LOL
I've been an electrical engineer for almost 40 years and I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to go and get started with Ipad or Iphone. Hell I remember not too many years ago I didn't think I needed Internet. Guess I'm more than a little behind the times.

Do you have any suggestions where I should look for best info regarding Ipad or I phone? I'm not going to retire for another year or so and I hope all this stuff is not obsolete by then. LOL
Jurek.... It seems today, if you don't keep up with the technology, it passes you by rather quickly ...and it's hard to keep up!

There are literally thousands of places to learn about either the iPhone or the iPad. My recommendation is to first go to www.apple.com and look at the products; read what they do and watch the online demo videos. The iPad has a very good collection of "how to" videos. Secondly, if you are anywhere close to an Apple store, stop in and look around; talk to the sales person and get your hands on an iPad. There's no substitute for holding the iPad in your hands and trying out a few of the apps. They will have lots of iPads on a table for your testing pleasure. The sales folks [at Apple] are very helpful and there's normally no pressure to buy anything...at least, that's been my experience. I LOVE the Apple store! Although, most Apple users do.

Once you get a general understanding of the products and what they do, this thread will make much more sense to you. Especially all the app talk.

If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me. If I don't know the answer, I'll try to find it for you. I'm certainly no expert!

Happy hunting......