View Single Post

Old 09-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Default learning to use an ipad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
That is so true about the Apple stores! Any mall I ever go to that has an Apple store, the Apple store is always crowded, even when the mall isn't. I mentioned that to my mom once. Now whenever she goes to the mall near her, she always walks by the Apple store just to see-- and sure enough, she tells me, it is always packed.

And yes, the sales people are wonderful. Always ready to answer questions, show you how to do something, or show you any products you want to see -- but never any pressure to buy anything. I guess that's why one reason people feel so comfortable frequenting Apple stores.
I find the best time to visit an Apple store is round 10 in the morning just as it opens. I avoid weekends and after 4PM. I bought an iphone the last week of August and could barely get in the door. There were so many college kids getting mac books and iphones before the school year started.

Also, for those in TV, visit the Macintosh user group http://www.thevillagesmug.org/that meets at Saddlebrook Rec Center on the 4th Wednesday . I know they have an iphone SIG (Special Interest Group) that overlaps with the touch and probably the ipad, but not sure how active they have been this summer. The SIG leader is Carole M.
There is a rumor that Target will start selling ipads later this month. I haven't heard about Best Buy or Walmart. The Apple store would provide much better support.

I'm pretty sure there are videos on iTube. There are how to books coming out for the ipad. If you do buy one there is a free 398 manual on the ipad in the iBooks app.

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier in the thread. You really need iTunes whether you use a Mac or a PC as it helps with downloads, syncing, and backups.