Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Bare,

Wow, you are moving further north! What's up with that? Aren't you in the Toronto area now?
Yes, I'm in the Toronto area now. But I'm just not a city person.

Fireboy isn't retiring for another year or two (from his job in downtown Toronto). But he gets tons of time off to visit me in The Villages or wherever I am. As a Canadian, I am only allowed to spent six months in The Villages. So I needed to figure out a fun place to spend the summers. We do have a lake cottage "up north". But it is very isolated with lots of bears, so I don't want to spend my whole summer there.

So I decided to get on with my plans, as my golden years are flying by way, way too quickly. I decided to abandon the city and, for the summers, move to a little resort community called Lagoon City, Ontario. It's a cool place; every home owner there has a boat at their doorstep.
I'm hoping that the move to Lagoon City will make the six months I'm in exile less painful! You Yanks don't know how lucky you are!