View Single Post

Old 09-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhazelip View Post
I don't like the number of teenagers hanging around the squares every weekend, they hang around the parking lots and I've seen them sitting in and hopping from one to another of peoples golf carts and looking into cars parked in the parking lots behind the theaters. They come in from all the outlying towns and have their parties here. I thought this was supposed to be a 55 and over community and it isn't, they leave it wide open to underaged outsiders. Just go to the squares on the weekends and see for yourselves. It seems the village watch group and the local sheriff and police departments turn their heads and look the other way when it comes to the problem. There should be a curfue on local teenagers, like 9:00 p.m. If they don't have a valid guest card then they should be told to leave at the curfue time by the cops and village watch group. The Villages should do something about the problem and enforce a curfue.
You know, I agree with you and I know they had personnel to do that very thing. My next door neighbor, a retired policeman from New York state had that job for awhile and then went on to work at the new SeaBreeze. He said that the kids were watched, but since it is a "public" place there isn't much you can do to get rid of them unless they are obviously doing something wrong. I am pretty sure that The Villages still employ people to watch teens in the squares. I hadn't heard they were sitting in carts or messing with them.

Sigh. What happened to the fear of death our parents put into us if we messed with someone else's stuff????