View Single Post

Old 09-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
I'll tell you what I hate about the villages. The Villages has temporarily ruined my life. I used to enjoy my work as a pharmacist, but since I bought my CYV and started spending every free moment down there, my life has become miserable. All I think about is the beautiful weather, the beautiful people, the fun times in the town squares, the beautiful golf courses, etc. My boss does not think it is responsible of me to practice my line dancing in between filling prescriptions. He just doesn't get it!! So for 5 for months I will have a love-hate relationship with the villages....I love going there and I hate leaving.
I hear you loud and clear - we have owned for 4 PLUS years and are now finally retiring and moving down now - well, we moved the rest of our stuff, have to go back north for our retirement party and Ohioboy has 1 more month of work. But I know exactly what you mean.

After every visit on vacation from work, I really, really, really hated to leave. Now we don't have to! Nobody tells you how hard waiting to move down will be when you buy. But, knowing our goal and where we were going got me thru the last 4 years of work as well. Unfortunately, I wasn't loving my job the last few years.