Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 09-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Can this marriage be saved?

Well, I must be feeling pretty desperate to parade my big marital secret right out here in the open, on the internet.

But it is the Girl Talk thread after all so at least I know that my secret will be ever so safe.

Yes. I guess I am desperate, desperate for any ideas that might help or at least a little commiseration.

I have just emerged from our basement, and I am dusty and grouchy. (Yeah. I know I wanted a ranch this time and not a two-story, but a ranch with a full basement makes for one honkin' basement. I try to never go down there, but sometimes I just have to. And today was the day.)

Mr. Boomer is a great guy and our marriage is a happy one, until.............I go down into the basement....when I go down into the basement with a goal in mind and I sweetly say.....

"WE GOTTA GET RIDA ALL THIS %#&*!!"

Well, we worked rather pleasantly together for a while -- on opposite sides of the basement -- so I guess that is not really together. I, of course, was getting rid of all sorts of things that he did not care about, like old Christmas decorations and a cappuccino maker.

But then I decided that I needed to cross the line.....the line into the war zone, where I decided it was time for me to Ready! Aim! Fire! at those vinyl records and tapes and CD's. He's got an iPod for goodness sake. That stuff is loaded on the iPod. Led Zeppelin and who knows Who and all that other groovy stuff.

He says he needs it for backup.

I gently reminded him about iTunes.

He said it's not the same, already bought this stuff, might need to download it again.

I reminded him that he had not missed the spear gun I talked him into getting rid of last time.

But I was getting nowhere I could tell and THEN I called him a digital hoarder and I stomped upstairs. (But ya know, now that I think about it, that was probably what he had planned for me all along.)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-25-2010 at 02:30 PM.