View Single Post

Old 10-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Veteran member
Default Can I be.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannd228 View Post
As my bio states I am a former English teacher, turned technology teacher. (and yes I also danced professionally on B'way very briefly and then taught dance).

I am now considering writing a mini novel (maybe a technology driven one) based on my research about 55 active adult communities. I plan on coming to The Villages in December through March, and I am asking for your help.

I am writing the novel in the style of Danielle Steele, I know for the men maybe "bleh", but for me it is just a fun project, not meant to be anything other than LIGHT reading.

I read LEISUREVILLE and I think it doesn't paint the true picture of what I see here on TOTV, many people of my generation who are just kind, informative and helpful to each other on many levels. I find the author's blog (AB) often negative towards generational positions ahead and behind him.

I am looking for the following (yes I will credit your story if used in the forward):
  • Residents finding a second time around relationship after divorce or widowhood (already have one saved)
  • Funny stories about pets versus the FL natural inhabitants (non-human)
  • Younger residents assisting older residents especially around holidays
  • Learning to adjust to driving a golf cart
  • Making new friendships
  • Anything related to viewing one's self as a FROG

and anything else you can think of. It is a work of fiction, although I have made a list of the recommended contractors, services, and purchasing pre-owned versus new for personal use. I am thinking of using Kickstarter on Facebook, and perhaps making it somehow related to the 55 plus crowd on Facebook, not sure where the plot will be just yet, but it will be very LIGHT reading.

Thanking you in advance for your help, if you wish to relate a story you can PM me. I think TOTV is in one word WONDERFUL. As one who corrected 125 essays a week for MCAS prep, I think the writer's true personality or voice is reflected in their posts, and so many of the regulars here are truly wonderful and inspirational people.

Jann
Can I be Mr. Midnight 2 ??