View Single Post

Old 10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Sage
Default November Snow

There is a slight possibility if the Yankees play the Phillies. The other teams are in warmer weather climate or a dome stadium, (Rays).

I am a traditionalists in that I wish the schedule was 154 instead of 162 games, (no asterik would have been given to Roger Maris for surpassing the most home runs in a season). The changing of the division to allow a wild card was supposedly for making the pennant races more exciting.
Both of these ideas have extended the games into November solely because the owners wanted to generate more revenue. What else is new!!!!

I agree the baseball season should be over by the middle of October at the latest. I would never have thought that drinking hot chocolate/wearing winter jackets to keep warm at a baseball game would be necessary. A lot of players would prefer warmer weather as it can affect their ability to grip a baseball, (especially pitchers) and hitting can be painful if it is cold.

IMHO - The Yankees did not go all out the win the division, (wild card team), as the manager wanted to position his team to play Minnesota that resulted in a sweep.

Yankee vs Rays or Texas in the next round.

Go Yankees.