View Single Post

Old 10-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Sage
Default Gator's Dockside for football

Yesterday I tried Gator's Dockside for the Patriots game. My wife and I arrived at 12:30 figuring we would slip into the bar or wherever the Pat's game was showing. We would have had as good a chance sneaking into the stadium at Foxboro without tickets! I was blown away by the crowd, the place was rocking!

The "Patriot's viewing room" that day was the pub immediately on the left as you walk in, it was full. The bar did not have the Pats, but it would not have mattered there was no room for us there either.

Out in the main dining room was mostly the Steelers game, but there was one television with the Patriots on in the far left corner (looking from the bar) by the kitchen. There were no tables, so a staff member named Debbie took us out to a empty space on the floor right by the kitchen exit and said, you wait here. She went outside, grabbed a patio table, went off somewhere else and found two chairs, then leveled the wobbly patio table with some paper towels. We thanked her and her response was "that is what I do". for Debbie

The service was very good, being considerate of the fact the place was a mob scene! The place cleared and was pretty empty for the 4 PM game, which leads me to believe the crowds depend greatly on the teams playing.

Everything about the day was positive, but we are not sure this will replace Beef Obrady's on 42. Will see what Dad says upon his return.

If you want to try it, call ahead at around 11:30, find out where you team is showing and ask the person what time they feel it will fill up.

I called at 11:55 AM, she said you better get here soon (oops). She said it will fill up before 12:30 today. I made it as fast as my cart would take me, I mean at 19.9 MPH, but was a bit late at 12:30.

Great televisions, Great place, get there early.

Last edited by ajbrown; 10-18-2010 at 09:11 AM.