Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Gold member

I had plantar faschiitis about 4 years ago for probably over a year. Extremely painful, and not only when you are walking, as you know if you've ever had it. Sometimes you're just sitting on the couch when pain shoots thru your heel/foot/leg.

Family doctor referred me to a podiatrist. I also had a heel spur, which I think is common. Took naproxen twice a day for about 2 mos (no longer took it ONLY when I had a flare-up) and also got a cortisone shot in the heel. Can't remember which order I did that in.

Podiatrist recommended orthotics but I didn't get them since I love wearing sandals and didn't like the looks of them in sandals. Maybe the specialty shoe store can do a better job there.

If the PF had persisted I would have tried them (orthotics). I think I also would have tried acupuncture and reflexology, but didn't need to in my case (so far).

Threw out all shoes except ones that have very good arch support - Merrell's are my favorite. Hardly ever wear heels. Liked the way Born felt but have had 2 soles crack and they only have a 1 year warranty and shoe repair can't repair their soles. Thanks for the shoe store recommendation, Kathie - will stop in when I get to TV in November.