Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 10-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Where have all the Skittles gone?

Maybe there are no trick-or-treaters in TV. But I am in Ohio.

Why oh why oh why oh….

Why has nobody designed a little Halloween vault with a big lock with a timer? – a timed lock that can be set to open the little vault just a few minutes before the first trick-or-treater is due. And not before – no matter what.

Kit Kats! And Reese’s! And Twix! Oh My!

I tried to buy Skittles. I hate Skittles. I do not understand why anybody likes Skittles. But kids like Skittles. And I do not. And so for years I bought Skittles…….

BUT NOW I cannot find Skittles anywhere.

I could not keep my fool-proof plan to myself. Ohhhh, nooooo, I had to blab my plan --my plan to avoid EATING ALL THE HALLOWEEN CANDY before the first little superhero shows up at the door to rescue me.

Maybe you have heard that old saying, “No good deed goes unpunished.” I have never liked that saying, but I guess old sayings get to be old sayings because sometimes they come true.

Yep. I thought I was doing one of those good deeds when year after year, I revealed my Skittles plan to other women. And I bet they told even more women. AND NOW, they are all out there beating me to the Skittles. By the time I get around to buying the Halloween candy, only the good stuff is left.

I guess if I were an entrepreneur, I would either invent that Halloween vault with the timed lock or buy up a bunch of Skittles next summer and scalp them when it gets close to Halloween.

Chocoholic Boomer

PS: Yeah. Yeah. I know. I know. You might be asking why I do not just ask Mr. Boomer to hide the candy from me. I have tried that. It does not work.

Mata Hari Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-30-2010 at 08:27 AM.