View Single Post

Old 11-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Veteran member
Default Chantix worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I'm with Donna -- I've tried almost everything under the sun to quit and have never been successful. Wellbutrin gave me migraines, upset my stomach and a few other nasty side affects. The patch gave me hives but it was working, darn the luck. The Nicotine gum just made me throw up. Hypnosis had zero effect. Acupuncture just made me nervous -- those needles scared me. lol Cold turkey was out of the question -- even my non-smoking husband at the time begged me to start again. The "witch" in my name fit very accurately, especially when you changed the w to a B. Gradual withdrawal just didn't exist in my mind. I may start checking into the laser treatment to see how it works, etc.

I wish I could quit. It's a waste of money, makes me smell yucky, affects my health and, most importantly, makes me a social pariah many times over. At the same sad time, it relaxes me, keeps me from wanting to kill someone on a bad day, is a great way to start a morning. I haven't given up on the concept of quitting, I just wish I could do it before I die.
Hi Red... I started smoking when I was 13 and smoked about 2 packs a day for over 40 years, beside working in a coal burning power plant, great combination, huh? Anyway, after the second time they told me I had cancer, I decided it was time to quit. If you haven't tried Chantix, you might want to give it a try, it worked for me. You get to smoke the first week, sort of giving you a chance to get use to the idea of quitting. It's no walk in the park, but it works. After the first month I figured I had just gone a month without smoking, so I stopped the pills and haven't smoked since. It's been over 3 years and don't even think about smoking. Think the pills are more of a mental thing, but whatever works, go for it. It worked for me. (ps. the cancer was removed and they tell me it shouldn't come back )

Last edited by laryb; 11-11-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: addition