Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 12-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I was reading the thread that someone started about botox. And how botox injections could possibly be causing muscle atrophy in other parts of the body. I really doubt it, because botox has been around a long time. But .. I used to think that cigarette smoking wouldn't hurt you!

I had a friend that had liposuction, a gal in her 40s. She died on the way home from the hospital from a blood clot. Any surgical procedure has some kind of risk.

And I was musing about beauty treatments and the price that women are willing to pay for youth enhancements. It is really hard to deal with flab and wrinkles and know that you're not just having a bad day, that looking like your grandmother is a way of life! I know we should all be grateful that we're alive and reasonably healthy. And not agonize about the bags and sags.

Anyway, I started thinking about "quick and easy" facelifts .. I'm not sure of the correct name. You walk into the doctor's office and without surgery, you walk out an hour later looking like a teenager. Someone told me the other day that with the "quick and easy" facelifts, they run a thread through your face and it has barbs on it to pull the skin tight. And now some people are having the barbs come through the skin on their face. Yikes!!

There is absolutely no point to this post. (Unless you know of a skin cream that makes your skin look like a baby's bum! ... please post the name here).
Oh Barefoot, I know.

I once looked into having my eyelids done. I figured if I found the right surgeon, at least I would not end up with that look of perpetual surprise. But then I chickened out anyway. The idea of elective surgery, especially near my eyes, was something that I managed to talk myself out of.

I have wondered about brow lifts, too. Maybe I could get the same effect though by using duct tape under my bangs. Do they make duct tape in skin tones? If they do not, perhaps they should.

I have found that the best way to make my skin look wonderful and young is to look in the mirror while not wearing my contact lenses or my glasses.

And if you lie down on your back and look in a hand-mirror, the sagging goes away. You can take yourself right back to the 1970's, no problem and it costs nothing.

One thing that I seriously do believe in though for skin is the use of sunscreen. My daily moisturizer and makeup have sunscreen. But that is not exactly a news bulletin. We all know about sunscreen.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 12-03-2010 at 04:52 PM.