Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 12-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJ View Post
Hi Ladies-
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this however, I'm hoping some of you will have the answer. I have been struggling with Plantar Fasciitis for 2 years only to find out I have post tibial tendonitis as well. Have any of you had this? Do you have any advice on shoes, orthothics? Any help is greatly appreciated. If you think I should post this under general topics, please let me know. I am soooo miserable and want to get out and do things!!

Hi LisaJ,

I know your post, that I am quoting here, is from several weeks ago, but I thought of it today when the topic of plantar fascitis came up. I had just heard that a friend of mine is having a real battle with plantar fascitis, and so today when I was having a massage, I asked my massage therapist if her training included treating plantar fascitis.

She said yes and said that sometimes the pain is sharp stabs accompanied by burning, and that it is possible that the plantar nerve is entrapped. Then she talked about something called the abductor hallucis (I think) and some other things with scientific names. And I think she said the massage used for this has something to do with the calves and maybe even the Achilles and also warming the area. (But I could not take notes because I was flat on my stomach with my face in that little hole at the table-top and it was hard to write that way so I really do not know for sure what I am trying to say, but it's a start, at least.)

I am a real believer in medical massage and although I have not had plantar fascitis, massage therapy has helped me with other things.

If you have not already tried medical massage, you might want to make some calls to see if you can find a massage therapist who can treat this. Your best bet might be to check with a chiropractor's office that has massage therapists who work there. (I cannot recommend because I am not in TV.)

Anyway, I hope this finds you better and past this miserable thing. But, if not, maybe a series of massages can help you. I wish you the best. I have often heard it said that when your feet hurt, you hurt all over, and I know that sure can be the way it is sometimes.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 12-09-2010 at 10:16 PM.