View Single Post

Old 12-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Pt, I am sooooo jealous. To have seen that hit live would have been a dream come true.

As to Willie Mays, what can I say about the Say Hey Kid. He is a Giant of a man (and I so love that he and Hank have not hesitated to chastise the non-steroid my read end Barry Bonds!). I've had the privilege of seeing him quite a few times, but never enough. I don't think I've ever seen a player who loved the game more than he.

BTW -- my vote for the best fireman ever is the Quis. I'd never seen a submariner pitch before and became absolutely enthralled with it. He was the start of my love of the Royals. There were a few firemen who had better records, including Rollie Fingers and Goose Gossage (two faves of mine), but none with the style, finesse and humor of Dan Quisenberry. Sides, can't think of any that had season records as often as he did.

Man, I miss baseball. Tom, you're making me think I might have to try going to a game or two again to see if I can get the love back. Maybe spring training would be a good start.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein