Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Before I put on the tinted moisturizer, I use a product that I learned about at a makeup counter two years ago and I still love it. Special Camouflage by Paula Dorf New York. It is in a tiny container with half yellow and half peachy-pink. The yellow tames those too-pink places you want to cover. It's the yellow part that works better to camouflage pink spots on your face than anything I have ever found.
http://www.pauladorf.com/p-153-special-camouflage.aspx
Maybelline Elizabeth Boomer
I love to talk about makeup because aren't we all just searching for that foundation or anti-aging cream that makes us look a dewy 25 again.

I have a feeling that Paula Dorf may get a sudden depletion of her Special Camouflage! Boomer, thanks for sharing that tip. What stores carry Paula Dorf products?

Uptown Girl, you're in exactly the right thread to natter on about makeup because guys aren't allowed to read this thread. Well, sometimes Tony drops by, to make sure we're keeping it clean! But he's the only guy that is allowed.

There is a hair salon called Root 466 in The Villages (located in Southern Trace Plaza) which is a distributor for Bare Minerals. You can stop by with a bare face and they'll do mineral makeup for you. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to. You can try before you buy.

I just bought some Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation SPF 20 to give it a try. And I quite like it. It's light, which is nice when it is hot. And instead of two steps (tinted moisturer plus powder), you can just do one step.

By the way, Barb, thanks a bunch for the info about the treadmill!