View Single Post

Old 01-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
these are typical florida thunderstorm evenings. problem is too much technology and over eager reporters! its easy to get scared listening to all these warnings.
I used to feel the same way until I witnessed the destructive effects of tornado that came through The Villages on February 2nd, 2007. Now, we pay attention and prepare. IF in the end it all seemed over-dramatized that is OK. I don't want to end up one day with my personal belongings hanging out of trees, a mile away, as was the case with the homes that were destroyed early that morning. And, perhaps if I hadn't seen the destruction for myself I might still have a lackadaisical attitude when these warnings come over the TV. For the next few hours, until the all-clear is sounded, several changes of clothes and personal belongings, including inportant paperwork, will remain in our vehicle in the garage. It seems to me to be the safest place to leave such things at a time like this.