View Single Post

Old 01-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
when i first moved here some 40 years ago these florida storms scared me big time! but after a while they became commonplace. you will find their bark is much worse then their bite! if it makes you happy to react like that every time a storm roars through here you will be a happy camper!!! nuff said!
Perhaps I need to clarify......I only make preparations like I did today when we have "tornado warnings". I DO take those seriously, after the tornado of 2007 roared through, causing much destruction. If it's a thunderstorm with no tornado warning we do the normal preparation, unplugging our electronics, staying away from windows, etc. No, it doesn't make me "happy" to react the way I do when there are tornado warnings in the area. But, I feel NOT to do so would be foolish. I am not saying there is a "right" or "wrong" way to respond to the warnings. Each of us has to decide what is "right" for us.