View Single Post

Old 01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When all three channels were showing FUCHSIA colored area and there was supposedly wind shears in 50mpr range, and they were reporting ROTATION, it was quiet in Hadley, DARK CLOUDS and no rain and not much wind. Then after a while it rained and the wind blew like crazy.

I think those meterologists need to get a little more direction..........or something. But not complaining, I can do without Tornadoes, but I do like a good hell raisin' rainstorm....

Anyway, it seems to be an ordinary rainstorm happening now and I am glad of that.

I asked Helene if she was afraid and she said "No, not when you are here". Ah the power of Mothers...

Little do our chicks know how we sometimes tremble in our boots.
Apparently the National Weather Service was just issuing one alert after another today. I watched WESH and it seemed they were getting updates every few minutes for a while. I'm not a big fan or tornadoes either, Gracie. After that one in Feb of 2007, I don't care how many times my weather radio goes off, I'll just be prepared. Heck, we had to be prepared for earthquakes and fires in CA, being prepared for a tornado is pretty much the same.

I'm glad Helene feels safe with you around. Even if you are quaking in your boots, I'd feel safer with you around, too.

Last edited by pooh; 01-25-2011 at 09:34 PM.