View Single Post

Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeinetti View Post
My wife and I have our house for sale, and are planning to move to TV. I have a couple of questions for people who have already made the move:

1. We are going to sell most of our furniture, come to TV and rent while we look for a home. That means we'll need to store some furniture, and belongings, in the TV area. Anyone find a relatively inexpensive way to move, and store on the TV end?

2. Since we'll be buying most of our furniture, where can good, and relatively inexpensive, used furniture be purchased? Are estate sales frequent? Are there good used furniture stores? Are there new furniture stores that are inexpensive?

Thanks for your help,

Peter
The least expensive way to move is to rent a truck and do it yourself. Perhaps you could get by using a smaller truck or a van. I don't know how much it costs to rent a storage locker in this area. I do know that there are lots of storage facilities around The Villages so maybe you can shop them for the best deal. As for good, relatively inexpensive firniture, subscribe to The Villages Daily Sun and watch the classified ads....lots of nice used furniture and household items are listed there all the time. There are also several consignment shops in the area and you might find something for a good price in one of those. I have friends who bought some decent furniture at Big Lots, of all places! Furniture stores have sales all the time and Showcase Direct here in the Villages and Kane's In Ocala both offer furniture in all price ranges.