View Single Post

Old 01-26-2011, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
You can get some great items at a consignment store called Bargains and Treasures (it's in Oxford) up off from 466 and 301. Sometimes people purchases furnished houses where the furniture is new and they either don't like it or can't use it and it ends up there. We got our bedroom set there and it doesn't look used at all.
Showcase Direct is awesome as well...they offer a % off for living in T.V. plus free delivery and they stand behind their stuff too.
I so agree!!!

Bargains and Treasures really has BARGAINS AND TREASURES and almost everyone I know has found very nice and not shabby or used looking things there. They told me that they pick up ten loads a DAY and so the merchandise is always changing. AND like many, if you are tired of what you HAD, they will sell it for you.

I like to go there, even now that we are all set to see what things they have. I have found inexpensive lamps there that I have painted and even an exact match chair and ottoman that goes with the couch we brought with us. Barefoot can vouch for that, because she has sat upon it and she liked it!!

A lot of us snowbirds have really found some great deals filling up our second house in other places; Dockside in Leesburg comes to my mind too. I am sure others will tell you of great places too.