View Single Post

Old 01-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
Wow, a funnel cloud sighted in Oxford and yet my weather radio failed to issue a warning. During the entire time that the weather was at its worst and the TV stations were showing ominous radar/doppler images for this area, the weather radio continued to show a yellow light for a watch. Only after everything moved away and things calmed down did it start beeping and changed to red for a warning. Yet, last year at this time when we had a warning in the middle of the night, the radio woke us up and almost immediately we received the reverse 911 calls from the sheriff. This time ... nothing.

Any idea why there was a lack of notification this time? I would think a funnel cloud sighted in Oxford would be enough to sound all kinds of warnings.
I'm not sure where you're located NJ, but my radio was screaming at me. Many of the alerts were for Marion county and if your radio isn't set for Marion county, you won't get that alert. I live near the junction of all three counties so I've got my radio set for all three ...thus the symphony of alert sounds at my house.

That funnel cloud picture was taken by an individual that sent it along to the tv station. Great picture. Haven't heard if it touched down and gained tornado status or not.