View Single Post

Old 01-26-2011, 06:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologal View Post
If any of you are planning a trip and have metal implants drop me a PM and if I have flown out of those airports I will let you know the lay of the land.
I might take you up on that some day. I haven't flown since last Oct. because of the new directives. Like you I have medical implants, and the thought of some Bubba feeling up and around my privates is enough to cause me to take a 2 day drive to my former home area in NJ to see family when necessary, and I haven't gone through anything like the traumas you've experienced in life.

I can't understand why a very frequent flier like you cannot be Homeland Security Verified, like I was in order to carry hazardous materials in my truck driving days, and then given a special I.D. to show to security. It cost me $90 to get my background checked and receive the government mandated endorsement on my CDL license authorizing me to transport hazardous materials. It should be no big deal for the government to perform a similar procedure for very frequent fliers like you.

I hope, someday, common sense prevails, and this absurdity of every citizen being considered guilty until proven innocent at our nation's airports is drastically scaled back.