View Single Post

Old 01-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Default Sold as demos/rebuilts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Can not find an LSV Gas Cart....Why not?....What difference does it make whether it is gas or electric? I bet they would sell like hot cakes!
I hope I understand your search right (that you want to buy one).

The LSV gas carts are the ones that the Villages Golf Car Store owns and sells as rebuilt or demo cars they sell after a year or so of use by LSV visitors. Packages have about 20 new or replaced things--really good.

The biggest (most worthwhile) replacement/upgrade is the placement of a new, high-speed rear end. We got a 2008 demo car built to our specs and it is fantastic. Lots of people don't know that the LSV cars are SLOW because they don't have the high-speed rear end. Resident friends told us during our LSV that the LSV car was so slow because it is "gas and not electric" (they condemned all gas cars because of that notion) but we learned later that is not true. We are very happy with our gas car that goes just as fast as those friends' electric they bought new at the Villages G.C.Store.

Now I'll get ready for the rotten tomatoes flying my way, since there are many "experts" who "know far more" here than I do.

BTW.....TV Golf Car Store is excellent. You get what you pay for.