Thread: Moffitt Mania
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I have a few issues with contributing to Moffitt:

1. Why do we need a Moffitt in TV and in Leesburg? Sounds like a nice bit of advertising hype for TV, but can't think of any other reason.

2. That contributions to Moffitt are basically being forced on us -- from what I understand, any charitable event held in any TV property must give a portion of its proceeds to Moffitt, regardless of the cause. (Mind you, I have not been able to totally verify this, but I do know of a few events that have had to give at least 10% to Moffitt even though their event had nothing to do with cancer.)

3. If it's true that any funds not collected by contributions will be taken from the funds set aside for the hospital scheduled to be built by Brownwood, that just doesn't seem right to me.

4. The non-stop solicitations in the Daily Sun. I'm sick of having it shoved down my throat on a daily basis. If it's a such a good thing, it shouldn't need the non-stop hype.

5. My biggest disappointmen -- the taking away of the Walk of Like because the ACS wouldn't share the proceeds. This is an event that's truly important to the hearts of many Villagers. To force it to go out of TV is not just wrong, it is obscene IMO.

Okay, off this soapbox. I'm sick of Moffitt Center here, there and everywhere. I do not like Moffitt Center, Sam I am.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein