Thread: Moffitt Mania
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Cool I understand....now another question

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I have a few issues with contributing to Moffitt:

1. Why do we need a Moffitt in TV and in Leesburg? Sounds like a nice bit of advertising hype for TV, but can't think of any other reason.

2. That contributions to Moffitt are basically being forced on us .....To force it to go out of TV is not just wrong, it is obscene IMO.

Okay, off this soapbox. I'm sick of Moffitt Center here, there and everywhere. I do not like Moffitt Center, Sam I am.
I'm seeing more arguments against this that I understand and can agree with. What I have wondered all along is this:

To me, it stands to reason that, with Moffitt coming in with a comprehensive approach to all phases of cancer from diagnostics thru all treatment given, there will be far more oncology patients at TVRHospital and medical/surgical oncology practices....resulting in far more patients in need of radiation treatment here than Bouisanneault can accommodate in the time frame needed.

To me, it seems like the existing radiation practice has its limits as to how many patients it can treat at a given time, and with cancer, time is of the essence. I know a lot about that, from personal experience.

If the patients cannot get their treatments at the time needed because the practice and treatment schedules are full, the patients will have to go elsewhere. And that is what the entire Moffitt project in TV attempts to avert.