View Single Post

Old 01-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I would determine who made those decisions, how they are put in those positions, trace it to an elected position, then remind the elected official that they represent the people. Then maybe they will rethink these issues. If not work to vote in someone who will.
I've been involved in these types of decisions for a long time. They are not made lightly. They don't do it for fun. Usually the decision is based on the number of accidents that occur at a given location. Sometimes, serious near accidents are considered. Police will make observations and report their findings to authorities too.
(have you ever seen those "caution deer crossing next XX miles signs? They're erected based on a high number of deer killed by cars in that section)

My guess, the initial decision to allow the crossing was difficult to make and was done on a trial basis. Something happened to cause the reversal

Please consider that the commissioners have lengthy agendas and they don't say, "...hey lets think of something we can do to mess with the people up in the villages." That is a busy road and busy intersection. I can see why the authorities would be hesitant to allow golf carts to bollix up the flow.