View Single Post

Old 01-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Default Question to TVers from Wannabe!

I am a member of TOTV for over a year now, mostly just soaking up the atmosphere of TV from all you good people. My wife and I have high hopes to become TV residents within the next 2 years.
I have a question that I don't think I've come across yet. There's a possibility, albeit a low percentage one, that my daughter (in her late 20s) may want to come down to TV to live with us, for various reasons. My question is: What can she expect to find here in a community designed for 55+? Yes, there are tons of activities for us which I am looking forward to, but I believe she needs a social life with single people in her own age group. Are there many younger people living with their parents in TV? And what about jobs availability for people her age? She has been a Secretary/Administrative Assistant for the last 5 years and has a 2-year Associate Degree from a Community College in Office Technology-Legal. Please be brutally honest on this subject because I want to be prepared to discuss it with her when and if it looks like a real possibility!