View Single Post

Old 01-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
Don't feel that law enforcement needs to issue citations. I saw 1 guy last summer come out of the bank using a blind persons cane. Then he gets in his golf cart and drives away. Now I REALLY don't feel as though he should be ticketed if he exceeds the non-posted golf cart speed limit. Come on - he probably couldn't see it anyway. True Story.
Have you been taking lessons from Fumar, F16 1UB? I suppose he would only want tickets if there were dogs in the golf carts?

It depends on the circumstances to me about when cops should give tickets. Definitely in the school zones at the proper times BUT it also seems like there are areas in the Villages-- like on Belvedere in front of the high school-- where almost all the cars trucks and golf carts are doing better than the 20 m.p.h. speed limit for the school zone. It is a different story on CR466 where I see them pulling over speeders in their vehicles quite often in the school zones.

If a golf cart is zooming down a stretch that is barren of any other kind of traffic the driver should have some leeway. Now if he/she is speeding around in the crowded squares, nail the person.