View Single Post

Old 01-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
A couple of things.....first we just passed by a car, truck bang-up... in a circle. It happened just before we arrived on our way to the grocery store and as we headed home, the Sumter County Sheriff was now at the scene. It appeared that there was an auto in the right lane, a truck in the left lane and the auto decided it was going to continue around the circle and got hit by the truck that was going to proceed out of the circle, correctly. The auto continuing around the circle, incorrectly was driven by an older adult, and the driver of the truck, considerably younger, was taking care of her. Neither appeared hurt, but one car door is going to need repair or replacement.

We've had golf carts riding along in the golf cart lane on O'Dell, suddenly decide they were going to make a left turn, and proceeded to drive across our lane and the lane going in the other direction, to make that left turn. Why we didn't hit them with our car was a miracle....and why I didn't have a heart attack is also one. I now have additional gray hair, which I don't need, thank you very much, but we all survived. Honestly, if I had been out of the car I would have slapped that cart driver right up side the head.

I'm paying attention to my driving and my surroundings, all others should be doing the same and not leave me responsible for the safety of all other residents and drivers here in TV...too much work for one person.
Well said.

And another thing to worry about is all of the brand new drivers driving golf carts that have never before driven a car.