View Single Post

Old 01-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
Let's say that you're at a multi-lane intersection and you pull into one of the 2 left lanes that are marked with arrows for left turns. the lights go green and you decide to turn right. If that's not against the law, it should be. I believe that's what pretty much is what's happening when that person exits the inside lane and cuts in front of you to turn off the roundabout. I don't think that there is any excuse for this. If you miss your turn, go around again until you get into the outer lane.
I thought I'd posted something, but can't seem to find it now. Guess I only Previewed the post. You're right as far as I'm concerned, Lary. Sheriff Wolfe did a presentation at one of our Social Club meetings and brought along a brochure on the Round Abouts. Here in TV they are marked with arrows....right lane can proceed straight ahead or to the right, left lane can proceed straight ahead or continue around the circle. It's not that difficult. The accident I saw today appeared to be one that most likely will happen. The car was in the right lane and wanted to continue around the circle where someone was preparing to go straight ahead and exit the circle in the left lane. Cripes if I can figure it out, anyone can. One can run into a problem when they are in the left lane and must then get into the right to enter a gate. That's when we have to be alert, recite the mantra, "Please don't kill me, please don't kill me," and pray like crazy...