Thread: Cortisone Shots
View Single Post

Old 01-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJ View Post
2BNTV- No the surgery was outpatient (in and out within a3 hours) and I was on crutches for 24 hours. Staples were removed in a week. My bursitis was on the outside of the hip and the pain radiated down to my knee. It was incredibly painful if I rolled over on it while sleeping. If the next cortisone shot doesn't do the trick I would definitely see a orthopedic surgeon. A friend of mine had the same problem and had their bursae removed (that is how I learned about a bursaectomy). Is your bursitis from an injury? Mine was caused from a car accident (the seat belt connects right over the bursae). If you would like any other information please pm me. Don't want to bore everyone else with the details.
Thank you for the offer to PM you. I think it was caused by lifting too much weight on a leg press machine. I was too lazy to take off the extra weight or I got confused and thought I was Superman. I wish I had that day back to do over again. I didn't start right away, (probably two weeks later), but I thought I felt something.

I will keep your offer in mind if the next cortisone shot doesn't work as my PCP is not a bubbling fountain of guiding type information as to whats next or what I should do to rectify this painful episode in terms of exercise, wet heat packs, etc.

Good PCP but I call him Mr. Warmth, (scarcasm intended), in terms of bedside manner. I guess I haven't done a good job of explaining the urgency to have this over as my PCP is not in pain.