View Single Post

Old 01-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

I used both a Villages Realtor and an outside realtor. I used ERA/Tom Grizzard agency at 352-504-4741. Their office is just outside The Villages on Hwy 441. My agent with them was Mike Herman. He was very capable and showed us the types of houses we wanted to see - and we ended up buying a re-sale home that he had showed us. It is a Lantana model and has a wonderful golf course view.

I personally believe that a re-sale home is the way to go. You can negotiate price with the seller, the bond is lower than a new home, there is no construction going on while the neighborhood is being built, mature landscaping are all good features.

Most of the Villages Realtors will be urging buyers to buy a brand-new home in one of the newer neighborhoods so they can close them out. Some are urging buyers to buy vacant lots in sections no one lives in yet. These are all at the far south end and realtors will be talking about the Brownwood town center which is not even being built yet.

I live "north of 466" which I love (Glenbrook). It is a 15 minute golf cart ride to Spanish Springs or to Lake Sumter Landing. Check out this area while you are here. Private Message me if you want more specific info.