View Single Post

Old 01-31-2011, 04:10 PM
n/a

Default A Worthwhile Lesson That Will Take About Fifteen Minutes

Here's a link to a video prepared by a fellow named Porter Stansberry. Stansberry owns and operates an investment advisory firm. Be forewarned that at the very end of this video is a pitch for his newsletter. But that doesn't alter the value of listening and watching this video for fifteen minutes or so. I'd strongly recommend that you do so.

Stansberry warns that his allegations are controversial, and they are. He also notes that his conclusions are based on research and attempts to refute them have been unsuccessful. I've thought about what he says and I too have had a tough time totally refuting his predictions. But I can't come up with a serious argument why what he has observed and what he concludes in incorrect.

The underlying monetary mechanism that he describes and which he alleges is a critical threat to the U.S. economy and very way of life is real and something that we should all understand. One doesn't have to "buy in" to Stansberry's predictions, but there is real value to understanding his research and why he has reached the conclusions that he has.

While this is a "political" forum, other than one sentence in Stansberry's presentation his isn't a political argument. The kinds of things that Stansberry predicts will happen have occurred as the result of actions of our political leaders from both parties. More importantly, they will have to be solved by our political leaders, regardless of their party or idealogical leanings.

Basically, Stansberry isn't proposing ways for our government to begin to solve the threat he describes. He seemingly has given up on the ability of our government to address the problem. His presentation and the pitch for a newsletter at the end seems to be what individuals can do to protect themselves from the inevitable.

This IS a worthwhile listen and read. It'll take fifteen minutes or so. But you'll be better informed about the financial crisis when you're finished. Then begin to think and draw your own conclusions.

Here's the link...

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pr...VD/PPSILC24/PR