View Single Post

Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
I'm looking primarily at Designer homes, but I have a couple of questions about some of the designs and how they might be modified.

Has anyone added a sitting room to the Master Bedroom - ideally with a door to the lanaii?

I haven't noticed any coat closets - is this a Florida thing? Where do you put jackets and rain gear?

A lot of the models have the laundry room in the garage - does this really work well? On my first visit, I stayed with friends and it appeared that there was a hookup in the master bedroom closet - although their washer/dryer were in the garage. Has anyone done that?

If you add a security system - can it be extended to the lanaii? I understand it is possible to allow windows to open a certain amount before the alarm is triggered. Has anyone done that?

Has anyone added pocket sliders or bi-fold doors to their lanaii? If so, what about screens?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Decisions, Decisions- I'm having enough trouble deciding on the Lily/Gardina. At 4:00 this morning hubby and I were on the website looking at homes. Of course watching the ice come down.

Personally I am not to worried about a coat closet. I can hang a jacket in the b/r or put a nice hook out in the laundry area.

I think I will call my sales person (Brain Thrayer) to see if the Gardina will fit on our lot.

Jaspal you must have been reading my mind when you spoke about decisions. I started laughing. I thought I was the only one.