View Single Post

Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default Precious Life

Looking at her poor, frail body reminds me of a little dog I rescued from the pound when we lived in Virginia. At the time, my husband balked and asked "Why her? She's the worst dog here!" My answer was "Because she needs our help."

She was a senior and had lost most all her teeth and needed to be hand-fed for every meal. She was blind, but that never bothered her and she memorized our house. When we traveled or visited strange places, we took our doggie playpen so she would be safe. We had our Sweetpea 6 precious years and wouldn't trade a minute of time we spent with her.

Rescued dogs KNOW they are rescued and are so grateful for every touch, every soft word, and every act of kindness. Watching her become a pampered pet brought us immeasurable joy. She changed our lives.

God bless you for rescuing this sweet girl. Someone with love and compassion will adopt her and give her a good home for the rest of her life, I just know it.