View Single Post

Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfjr View Post
I recently bought a new TV that is supposed to be able to connect wirelessly to the internet. Had Comcast install a land line, internet and TV service. They connected my Cisco E3000 wireless router to their modem and I am able to connect my laptop wireless to the internet. I cannot get the TV nor my Samsung Blu-Ray player to the internet. Is there a reliable service provider other that Best Buy's Geek Squad to get this working? Any suggestions will be appreciated as I've spent 3 full days w/o any success and it is too nice outside to be in doors!
You might be able to log into your router and then register the other items. Have them turned on and trying to connect so you can see then. You will need to know the password for the router. If you do not you might be able to find it on the internet by looking up your router and the factory settings. Otherwise call your cable company that installed the lap top and see if they can give you the password. You will need the password before a third party can help you. A third party might be able to get around the password by resting the router to factor specs.