View Single Post

Old 02-02-2011, 08:13 PM
n/a

Bucco,

Your own quotes belie your conclusion that there isn't really "character assassination" here.

"I apologize, but the man has done nothing but talk and worry about himself since he began campaigning and it has followed into the WH."

This is your quote, just a few posts above, and of course there have been many, many others in your previous remarks. Your continual reference to the President "lying", etc. are extreme and inflammatory.

The 'man' is not perfect, but his short legacy is already impressive. Forget the fact that a national survey of university professors has already placed him as the 15th most effective President in history. My last post about the President in 2010 asked for comments on what I described as impressive leadership of the Congress, enacting significant legislation in the last month on the year. Not a single negative comment was made to my suggestion. It seems virtually everyone recognizes that some important progress was made in that historic period.

I apologize, but it seems like blanket indictments like the one you made above demonstrate that you just can't quite get over your dislike for the man. You say you want to give him credit for some things, then you restate the blanket indictments. That, sir, is 'character assassination'.