View Single Post

Old 02-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Cool Where else in the world

Where else in the country can a person make a right turn from the LEFT lane??? Last month a guy in a jacked up double pickup with tractor wheels almost killed me. I was planning to go straight and entered the circle in the right lane. The guy in the monster truck entered the circle in the left lane after I did (he was behind my left tail light) but then he was in a BIG hurry and stomped on the gas to pass me and turn right zooming right in front of me, right when I started to pass the right turnoff. It was horrifying....if I had reacted 1 second later, he would have run right over the top of me and my car.

I have tried to explain this and warn visitors and our grown kids, but I don't think anybody realizes how such a deadly thing can be permitted in a place that otherwise is better planned/constructed than any other city we've ever lived in. Until you're almost a victim of it, it's hard to picture the disaster this can be.

How many people have to be killed before somebody corrects these as Ed suggests?