Thread: Noise Pollution
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Veteran member
Default Noise Pollution

I am wondering if anyone else feels as I do about the proliferation of noise pollution? It seems that everywhere I go I am bombarded by loud music or TV monitors blaring out advertisements. It is getting more and more difficult to have a shopping or dining experience where the ambiance is quiet and peaceful. Who decided that I would spend more time perusing a store if I was subjected to loud rock music? Whose bright idea was it that I would enjoy my meal in a restaurant if I have to yell across the table to converse with others in my party? More often than not I find that I leave stores quickly once I am met at the door by the obnoxious "music" that someone decided would enhance my shopping experience. Maybe that "someone" assumed that everyone in Florida is deaf or hard of hearing? I have decided to start a campaign of e-mailing companies who have made a corporate decision to ruin my shopping and dining experiences by blasting my ears with THEIR choice of music. I do NOT patronize these businesses anymore and I won't return until they have some respect for me and my money. I have actually asked store clerks if they could turn the music down, only to be met with stares and shoulder shrugs. So, maybe I am the weird one? Perhaps my hearing is just TOO good? Is it just me?