View Single Post

Old 02-03-2011, 01:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
It's not for us to decide when Mubarak goes. That's between the people of Egypt and their dictator. The people's wishes seem to be quite clear and Mubarak is turning an ALMOST deaf ear.

Also, keep in mind that the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt isn't the same as other chapters in other countries. For one, the Brotherhood in Egypt has renounced violence. Yeah, I know, talk is cheap and who REALLY knows what the future will bring..

But the fact of the matter is that we cannot claim to want to spread freedom and democracy around the world and then turn our backs when an inconvenient dictator has a popular uprising against him. We don't exactly have a lot of "street cred" in the Middle East - witness what happend to the Kurds in northern Iraq after the first Iraq War - they got flattened when we failed to deliver on our promise of support if they rose up against Saddam.
oooohhh; it's a different, kinder and gentler Muslim Brotherhood..... I see. What unadulterated nonsense. I can't understand how you can believe anything you've just said.
http://en.rian.ru/world/20110203/162***368.html

In 1917 Alexander Kerensky pushed out the Tsar, only to be unseated by Lenin and Stalins communist regime. That worked out well.

In 1918 the first republic of Germany was established and was replaced in short order by the communists and Nazis.

Like I started this thread with my reference to Tehran in 1979. The Shah flees for his life, semi-liberal Mehdi Bazargan leads the nation for a few short months, and then the Ayatollah grips the throat of the country. 32 years later, winning a long civil war they beat off the democratic revolt of 2009 and the people are still not free. Jimmy Carter backing Barzagan was a brilliant stroke, huh?

Democratic revolutions normally don't lead to democracy. The American Experience was the exception to the rule, along with some recent successes in Eastern Europe. The lessons of history is that you and other democracy dreamers must abandon a naive presumption that the end of Egypt's revolution will be government of, by, and for the people

The Middle East is being overrun by the radical Islamists. Anyone in their way better be willing to die to stop them because they are all too willing to die for their twisted religious ambitions,

When they finally get around to the inevitable attempt to wipe Israel off the face of the map, what is the U.S. to do at that time?

The radical Muslim alliances are never going to make peace with the infidel. Their religion forbids it, they believe. They will kill anyone who stands in the way of their twisted religious view and are anxious to die martyrs (at least the gullible congregants are).

The events in Egypt and Jordan and Tunisa are bringing that day much closer.