View Single Post

Old 02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Location: OH, CT, VA, KS, PA, GA, Raleigh, NC (2012 St. James)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
They do now Tom.

But the point on the previous post is that when you close that pocket door on the Gardenia/Begonia/Camellia (and a few others) you get what amounts to a 'guest suite'.

My question for the original poster: I know 2000 sq ft might be downsizing for some but what do you plan to put into it that you’ll have trouble utilizing the space? Personally we are moving from 3200 sq. to a 2000 sq ft Begonia and we are only taking personal items to TV. All new furniture etc. Makes deciding what to take easy - take nothing
Russ, to answer your question...it's not that we want to take so much with us but want to make the best choices as far as utilizing the rooms. And, TOTV residents have such great ideas. I'm still a little overwhelmed with all the decisions that have to be made and preparations for a move, even though it's about a year away. I agree that it's best to take nothing but I'm not sure that will be practical for us at this point. In fact, we had not really planned to move at all until we visited and fell in love with TV last summer. Because we had made some recent purchases (such as a Sleep Number bed), we'd like to keep some of them. Right now spending extra money on upgrades seems more important to us than new furniture. Turnkey homes are wonderful (which is what we did with our current home) but we don't want to own 2 homes and we didn't have the flexibility to move quickly. Hence we purchased a lot to build later.