Thread: Eyeglasses
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Veteran member

So VillagesFlorida! Would a place like Sam's be comparable to Costco? I have a story about these glasses that didn't 'fit'...amd part of it could have been me. I understood the opthalmologist to tell me I needed an RX so that's why I'd gone out to purchase new glasses. It was about a month before we headed up north for a few months. I had another checkup with the opthalmologist up there as a re-check that was ordered. Just in case--I brought both pairs of my glasses along to ask about my RX and what was going on from their perspective. The technician told me my RX had NOT changed. But that when you purchase glasses from the places such as I did...that the quality of the lenses could be a factor and it's just as you stated. I learned my lesson BUT that being said and now that we're fulltime here I need to have some recommendations on places to go. Now I have Peepers, Costco (which is close to Orlando) and ???? I won't purchase from my eye-doctor's place as I KNOW they're out of sight with cost. Seems like highway robbery and one is between a rock and a hard place when they need to see. Just my humble opinion.