View Single Post

Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post

I don't like the exterior appearance of our home, and haven't figured out how to make it better. Too blah.
Have you considered awnings? Also, we added a spiffy new glass door. And a front lawn island with a double Sylvester palm that we love. Now we like the exterior of our house much, much better.

Things we love about our house:

Location .. near everything we use often ... the library, dog park, Publix, Bealls, Bonefish Grill, Crispers, the adult pool.

We back on a golf course and have a hilly view with a bit of water, so there are birds fishing during the day and frogs singing at night.

We have a double garage with an extension. So there is lots of room for bikes, golf cart, SUV, motorcycle, etc. Our previous home was a Courtyard Villa which I loved, but the garage was just too small.

We have a split plan with master bedroom on one side of the house and the guest bedrooms on the other side. This gives us lots of privacy when we have guests.

Things I don't like about our house:

The split plan means there are no side windows in the living room (But a triple, stackable glass door at the end leading to the lanai.) I found the living room dark when we moved in, so we put in four sun tunnels plus a glass front door. It is much brighter now.