View Single Post

Old 02-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
Yes, having an ISBN # is a must. Selling on Amazon is also a must. One thing I failed to do with with my book when in print was to have it in electronic format (Kindle, Nook). As most serious writers and readers are aware-- the book industry is in critical condition and an important market is to sell books electronically.
I worked in the department that handled the small publishers at Amazon for 4 months. You must have an ISBN to market your book. An ISBN is tied to the idividual publication and can not be reused. You may also receive a related EAN don't get confused it is just a longer version of the same number.

You will be given an online account that you can manage your sales through and upload any relevent information it's called Vendor Central and has step by step information. The sales of your book will depend on the quality of the site listing uploading an image of the cover and the quality of the cover art is very important. Also the description should be one that targets the prospective audiance. Use key words that will pull when the shopper does a search. IE childrens book, amimal stories, ages 4-6 are common types of comments in childrens listings.

Amazon has a publish on demand option so you can give your book a try without finding or printing a bunch of copies. There are links on the bottom of the Amazon site under contact us.

Hope this helps,