View Single Post

Old 02-05-2011, 05:44 PM

I've lived here almost 7 years and as a proud liberal democrat from SoCal, it was a shock to the system. It seems to me that the conservative republican is far more prevalent here, and vocal. During the 08 elections, I had Obama stickers ripped off my golf cart while parked at Glenview and it boggled my mind that people this age would do such a thing. The newspaper is a bad joke, the developer's political leanings couldn't be more in your face - but given all that, I still love living here. I don't agree with a lot of people here, but I play golf with them, go to dinner with them and like quite a few of "them". I do, however, stand up for my beliefs and love to debate them on all issues. There are democrat clubs you can join to meet people of like mind, which sometimes is quite a welcome relief! When Palin, Beck and Bush come to town, I find other useful things to do that day and get quite a kick out of the local paper the next day. Until this country learns it's not "us" versus "them", we're not going anywhere.

So come join us and add to the discussion - Lord knows we could always use another democrat!