View Single Post

Old 02-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I am a diehard liberal. I've lived in Orange County, California (ULTRA conservative) and I'm quite sure that most Villagers would consider even that county too liberal for their taste. This is truly the only place I have ever been to where liberal is truly considered a dirty word by the majority. There is no question that Morse is a diehard conservative Republican.

I have found many closet liberals here -- they really don't let people know their political bent. I have also found that as more of the "younger" baby boomers buy here, there are more Democrats and liberals moving here daily.

I refuse to hide the fact that I'm a liberal. I do refuse to discuss politics with some of my friends -- it just gets too heated and I value their friendship to lose them over political issues. There are other friends where the discussions are friendly, informative and the arguments are downright fun. For those, we discuss, argue and then go have dinner together. Heck, I'll even admit to a stranger in the Square that I'm a liberal if the right topic comes up. It has made for some interesting and fun discussions.

Now, having said all of that, I LOVE TV. There are a plethora of activities for all tastes. Riding around in a golf cart almost all the time is fun. There is a generosity of spirit here that I've seen nowhere else on this planet. So, it is up to you if you want to get in discussions about politics. If you do, be prepared to feel like a serious minority (even though you really aren't as much of one as is believed). You won't be reviled for being other than a conservative (they may not like liberals here, but they'll like you as long as you're a good, happy person). TV isn't perfect, but it is a wonderful slice of good, old-fashioned apple pie (ala mode, of course) at the very least.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein