View Single Post

Old 02-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Send a message via ICQ to dpingram
Default What difference does it really make?

I have never understood why this should make a difference in meeting people and having a friendship. Why is is so important to state one's policial affiliation here? When I meet someone for the first time I certainly do not shake their hand and say "Hi, my name is Donnie and I'm a _____". YOu certainly would not meet someone and state your religion or how much money you make. I think there are more important things in life to discuss than who you vote for. I agree with what some posters have said "outside of family do not discuss politics, money, or religion." We don't even discuss politics in family because some of our children and their spouses vote differently than we do but we didn't disown them. Then again maybe we should we'd have more money!
Taking liberties with Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech -- "one day my children will be judged by the content of their character and not by their polictical affiliation"
I am looking forward to living in TV and hope that when I meet someone my polictical affiliation won't be an issue.