View Single Post

Old 02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
GG. My tracking shows that property prices are flat. Have been for about 6 months. In the last half of 09 and first half of 10 they moved up a few percentage points. Probably due to the tax incentive that allowed people who wanted to move to TV to sell there homes up North. Starting about last August until now they are flat. Some moved down a few percentage points and some up a few, but taking the average by model they are basically flat.

There are some good buys out there and if you can find an anxious seller you can get some good deals. My expectation would be prices to remain flat, maybe go down 1 or 2 %, but no wide swings. If you find a home you like I would move on it.

We went through the same thing, looking at premiers to get some extra space and features we really wanted, but were not able to find anything that had a location we liked as well as where we are. So last December we bought a ranch home around the corner from our current home. It had a golf car garage which I wanted, and now we have 6 bedrooms 4 baths and 4 car garage. Plenty of space for company, grand kids and we can rent it when not being used. And we didn't have to give up our location on the golf course with the pool and a home we do like.

So again I would not bother timing the market. We may not be at the exact bottom, but we are there plus or minus a point or two so it is time to buy if that is your plan.

Good luck with your search.
I have to agree with l2ridehd. I believe it is that way most places right now. Some area's have not seen the bottom yet. I believe the vilages is stable with little or no movement right now. Just my thoughts.